Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What Are You Thankful For?

Just two weeks before Thanksgiving and that made me ask myself...what am I thankful for? Thanksgiving Day comes only once a year but I began thinking that being thankful should happen everyday and should come to me just as natural as it is to drive a car. I don't know why it is sooo easy to be negative and sooo hard to stay positive. I sometimes also feel like it is sooo difficult to be thankful in the mist of not too many good things going on...so what am I thankful for? I am thankful for my friends and family, my pets, and my house. I am also thankful that I had a job interview yesterday, for nature, and for the freedom to attend church without persecution. I am also thankful for the hope that better things will come. This Thanksgiving is going to be extra special for me. This is the first time in years that our whole family will be getting together at one place in long time. My Grandparents are usually down south during the holidays but they are unable to travel anymore and some of my family live in Virginia...so this year there will be 15 of us. I am happy. We created a Thanksgiving/Christmas by having a Christmas gift exchange on Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am Thankful for snow. We are about to have another foot of it by tomorrow. I love the snow as long as I don't have to drive in it.