Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle

Key Points
1. Presence = consciousness without thought, focusing on all your senses at one time
2. If the means does not make you happy, than neither will the end goal or result
3. "No matter how active we are, how much effort we make, our state of consciousness creates our world, and if there is no change on that inner level, no amount of action will make any difference. We would only re-create modified versions of the same world again and again, a world that is an external reflection of the ego". I can relate to this. I feel this way about finding a job. I am running out of things to do and it seems like I am just banging my head up against the wall for nothing. Nothing keeps changing no matter what I do to find a job.

No comments: