Friday, March 13, 2009

I finally finished reading my book! Yeah!

I have been reading the book A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle. It took me forever to read this book. I like to read the best when there is nothing to distract me. I thought it was a good book but not an "easy" read. The main idea is to "live" in the moment. Don't think about the past and don't worry about the future. I am good at doing that when I am doing things that I love to do but when there are things that I don't love to do I find it difficult to "live" in the moment. I am good at doing this for example, whenever I am doing anything that involves swimming or the beach etc. I find myself to be the happiest when I "live" in the present. This is something that I have experienced for myself but found it difficult to describe that feeling and thought that I might be a weird-o for being aware of this concept. The book validated those experiences that I had prior to reading it and explained a lot more about how it all works and why. I am a big worry wart and I know that is a very bad habit that I need to work on.

No comments: